Monday, April 25, 2016

Dandelions - A Natural and Gentle Treatment for Warts!


Three of my children had lots of warts on their hands as toddlers from playing in the dirt all the time.  Normal country kids stuff right?  Did you know that warts are caused by viruses in the soil? And my kids had them bad, as in all over their hands.  I took my first two (Princess in Waiting and Captain Submarine) to the doctor several times to have them frozen off since the over the counter stuff wasn't working.  Each time I had to hold my screaming toddler down as the doctor treated them.  The treatments left open wounds that stung and hurt for weeks.  Later the warts not only didn't fall off, but a "halo" wart formed around the old wart making them look even worse!  This is a common problem with freezing warts off I found out.  The doctor said the next step was cutting them off requiring lots of anesthesia and stitches!

 I gave up, it wasn't worth the terror of my children to do something that really was just a cosmetic annoyance. 

But then I read in a old all natural book that the milky sap from the dandelion plant applied for several weeks will remove warts.  Crazy Right?  Well it works!  That spring and summer when I took the children out for daily play we picked dandelions as always to feed to the rabbits and I would rub the milk onto their warts.  Two weeks later the warts disappeared on their own!  Not only did they disappear, the treatment didn't irritate their skin and left no scars.  It was as if the warts had never been their.


I told my doctor about it today and he that dandelion sap can work.  Dandelions contain silicon that irritates the wart causing the immune system to "wake up" and notice that the wart is there.  Then, due to this irritation, the body kills the wart from the inside out.  It appears from the outside that the wart just shrinks and eventually disappears.

Consider the difference in using this on children!  Instead of pain, screaming, toxic chemicals, open wounds, and fear, you have a gentle and even fun remedy that will never cause your child to show a marked amount of distrust when you tell them "This wont really hurt honey".  Also it is something even small children can do on their own.

13 comments:

  1. If the Dr knew about the Dandelions, why didn't he suggest them in the first place. I hate when they think that "modern" medician is always best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, I think the doctors are trained to trust Big Pharma rather than a sensible alternative. After all, who would get rich from dandelions? For them, it's about the $$$$$$. We need to take the lead in our own healthcare. Just my humble opinion. 8-)
    God Bless,
    Janet in MA

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea! And all this time I dreaded dandylions in my yard! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great idea! I'm wondering if it would work on Molluscum contagiosum? Hmmmm, just may try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great idea! I'm wondering if it would work on Molluscum contagiosum? Hmmmm, just may try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I am so glad you shared this....I have no idea Dandelions could be used in such a manner :) Thanks for sharing this with Roses of Inspiration. Also, thank you for the lovely comments on my Birthday Giveaway. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the natural remedies and also a fan of learning to use what we have on the property... like dandelions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great natural treatment! Thank you for sharing this on the Art of Home-Making Mondays. I will be pinning this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of that remedy! Good to know. Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never heard of this! I'm going to tell my stepson to try it. Will look lots better then the pieces of duct tape he's been wearing! lol

    Thanks for linking up with Green Thumb Thursday. I'd love if you'd link up with us again this week!

    ~L

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, What a great idea, we are going to try this! Thanks for sharing this with us!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!