Sunday, August 26, 2012

Canning today for food tomorrow

Well I am starting to really get into the canning groove again.  Yesterday I canned two batches of peach jam, the day before that bread and butter pickles, and today I made plum sauce and pickled green grapes.  And this is just the fun stuff honestly.  If I had a garden this year I would be canning buckets of green beans, tomato sauce, salsa, veggies, and fruits.  Sigh.... maybe next year.  With food prices rising and only going to go higher I am taking advantage of all the sales on food right now to stock up and I urge you all to do the same.  Meat is forecasted to double or triple in price!  And veggies are going up as well.

Prep and pray my friends

GETTING THE CUCUMBERS READY FOR MAKING BREAD AND BUTTERS


VIKING BOY AND HIS OWN LITTLE METAL COOKING SET I PICKED UP AT A YARDSALE
NOW EVERY TIME I COOK HE IS RIGHT THERE WITH ME USING MY SCRAPS TO BE A 
CHEF



THE FINISHED BREAD AND BUTTERS


SPICED PEACH JAM




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!