Saturday, March 5, 2011

Nothin Yet! Buttercup Update

Well I've been watching our milk cow like a hawk these past two weeks praying that she will go the beginning of this month and not the end.  We have some very encouraging signs but no calf yet.





I took these pics two days ago, now her udder is even bigger

As of right now she has the following signs:

yellow mucus
in the last two days her teats have begun to bag up even more and are now tight
the wrinkles at the back of her bag are almost gone
swollen vulva
slab sided
the ligaments at her tail are like jelly
she's holding her tail to the side

I watcher her for about a half an hour this morning but didn't see any obvious signs of contractions.  I think within the next two days we'll have a calf though!  I'm going to check on her around 11.00 today and see if any progress has been made.

1 comment:

  1. She's driving me crazy!!!!!!! She needs to have that calf already!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!