Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Vintage Pillowcase Dresses For Girls

Ok I'm kind of a weird blanket and bedding hoarder.  Whenever I find a great down comforter or adorable sheets at a yard sale or thrift store for our beds I can't resist buying them.  After all they are usually only $1.00 to $3.00 so the investment is minimal.  It is also eminently practical because I have 5 beds to keep in sheets.  

But what I really love, and I mean really!  Is vintage bed linens.  Not only are the prints beautiful, but they are better made and last longer.  But now my girls have graduated from twin beds to fulls or queens so I have all these sets of pillows and sheets with lovely prints and nothing to do with them.  UNTIL NOW!


Pillowcase nightgown.:

  Here are pictures of very simple to make pillowcase dresses for little girls, and they are adorable!  I now have two little gran daughters ages 1 1/2 and almost 3 so I get to sew again!  I used to sew dresses for my daughters when they were small but they've gotten older and now I just find really cute stuff at thrift stores and tailor them to suit.




If you have never sewn before this is a perfect starter project as it is super simple.  I am still a beginner in many ways but this kind of sewing is right up my alley!  Also I can tell it you it will take you less than an hour to do. Here is a nice step by step guide from i Candy Handmade. I especially like the idea of using stretch lace as it is not irritating to children in general.

Toddler Shabby Chic Blue Floral vintage pillowcase dress. $15.00, via Etsy.:

Finding pillowcases is pretty simple.  Go to your local thrift-stores and begin the search.  Also yard sales and estate sales are a great place to pick them up for cheap.

How-To: Vintage Pillowcase Nightgowns For Toddlers by Gingercakes on Prudent Baby:


These dresses are so perfect for spring and summer because they are light and cool, easy for movement and play, and inexpensive so that you don't feel bad if they get stained.  All the while your little girl feels like a princess.

1 comment:

I love to hear from my readers!