Monday, February 15, 2016

Easy No Bake Oreo Ice Box Cake- 3 Ingredients!

For Valentine's day I had no money to go out so it was dinner at home.  Unfortunately my whole family and I have been sick with the flu for the past two weeks, and of course I got it worse than the kids.  So cooking a complicated dinner and dessert was not something I wanted to do.  I decided to do some kind of ice box cake for dessert because they are easy, fast, and generally loved by everyone.  Here is a recipe for an Oreo Icebox Cake using only three ingredients.  It took me maybe ten min. to make and then you chill it till dinner.  I wont say I LOVED this cake.  It is really sweet!  But it was a HUGE hit with the kids.  And if your looking for something to take to a potluck that lots of children will be at I can guarantee it will disappear fast.  Well worth the small amount of effort.
 

Oreo Icebox Cake

 
2 packages Oreo cookies
Large tub cool whip
1 cup milk
 
8 by 12 baking pan
 
 
Directions:  dip each Oreo cookie in milk and lay in a single layer at bottom of pan. 
 
 
 Top with a layer of cool whip. 
 
 
Repeat process until you reach the top of the pan. 
 
 
 Chill at least 6 hours and even overnight.  To serve crush some more Oreos into tiny bits and sprinkle on top.  Serve immediately. You can increase or decrease the size of this recipe depending on your pan size.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!