Monday, November 3, 2014

Bread Machines For Preparedness

Here is a very interesting article from The Backyard Pioneer about the usefulness of bread machines during emergencies.  I would like to add one thing to it.  Many emergencies in America are accompanied by power outages so far.  This is because we live in a fairly peaceful country so almost all disasters are due to natural causes such as hurricanes, winter storms, tornadoes, etc..  But if you look around the world terrorist attacks, wars, civil strife, government shutdowns, and pandemics are the more common emergency.  During those times you will likely still have electricity but for safety reasons cannot go outside or be forced by the government to stay in your home.  A visit to the grocery store is potentially deadly at these times so having the ability to make the most basic food staple with little or no supervision (as you might be doing much more important things) is a great asset.  I just pop the ingredients in, and a few hours later have a great loaf of bread.

My personal recommendation for the best bread machine on the market is the Zojirushi brand.  I have been disappointed in the bread other machines turn out and this is where spending a little more pays off.  Not only does the Zojirushi brand bake all kinds of breads, it also is one of the few on the market that can make good 100% wheat bread.  It also can crack grains, make jam, cakes, and quick breads.  I have two now, both bought used and love them!  Click the Pics below to check them out!

Note: I was no way compensated for this post by the Zojirushi company.  I just like their products and would like to share my experiences!


http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-BB-PAC20-Bakery-Virtuoso-Breadmaker/dp/B0067MQM48/ref=as_sl_pc_ss_til?tag=lettfromahome-20&linkCode=w01&linkId=VBDOMIUKIGLLHRYP&creativeASIN=B0067MQM48http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-BB-CEC20-Supreme-2-Pound-Loaf-Breadmaker/dp/B002XVUAOU/ref=as_sl_pc_ss_til?tag=lettfromahome-20&linkCode=w01&linkId=KSJPTTJTCGITGGCQ&creativeASIN=B002XVUAOU
 
 
Affiliate Disclosure: I enjoy bringing you content free of charge, to help me along in this please note that when you click links and purchase items I may receive a small commission.  Your support helps keep my blog rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!