Saturday, March 16, 2013

Herbs to Plant in the Shade

Living on a smaller lot means getting creative with the garden space I have.  We have lots of lovely shade (something I  enjoy after living in the desert my whole life) that is great for being outside, but not so great when it comes to gardening.  I need herbs but have so little full sun space that I am going to have to squeeze them in where I can.  That's why I started searching for herbs that thrive in shade.  Thankfully there are several that will do well and I cant wait for spring!  Here are some shade loving herbs for your garden.

A note on mints - even though they are not technically shade loving plants they will grow well in any light, so well in fact that they will take over.  Be careful where you plant these because they are invasive.  I like to plant them in a corner where nothing else will grow.


Parsley




Lemon Balm



Anise Hyssop




Spice Bush



Mints




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!