Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Truth Of Christmas


I am not alone at all, I thought.  I was never alone at all.  And that, of course, is the message of Christmas.  We are never alone.  Not when the night is darkest, the wind coldest, the world seemingly most indifferent.  For this is still the time God chooses.

--Taylor Caldwell



I have gone through times of hardship, loss, bad health, and rejection.  There have been times of dejection and depression when I couldn't see how life could get better. And as a born again Christian I can look at two different times in my life.  My life before Jesus, and my life after.  Before I followed Christ each new crises was horrible and overwhelming.  But the worst part was not the events themselves, but how I reacted to them.  My fear, anger, and depression made me miserable.

My life after I begged (yes begged) for Christ to come into my life couldn't be more different.  It's not that life has suddenly become perfect or that bad things no longer happen.  It's that God had given me a peace that surpasses understanding Philippians 4:7.

But how did I come to this peace?  It sure wasn't easy as I have trust issues.  First I had to remember that God is always with me.  Then, which was even harder, I had to let my will go.  Meaning I had to let go of all my dreams, plans, ambitions and instead tell God.  "Ok I've tried this whole doing things on my own and it only seems to screw things up more.  So God I'm giving up my will to you.  Even though I'm scared, even though I don't know how this is going to turn out, even though it means giving up things I thought I wanted I'm trusting You.  Do what You will in my life and I will praise You.

And you know what the really weird thing was?  Ok it was weird to me anyways!  When I gave up my will to God, suddenly all sorts of amazing things started to happen.  Blessing poured on our family, and the bad stuff, although still there, I had total peace with.  I cannot begin to describe the way that has changed my life.  How it has been improved and how very thankful I am to God for that blessing.

The reason Jesus came is so that we never have to be alone or rejected again.  Even though people or the world may reject us, hurt us. He never will.  He will always love us and be there.  So trust Him, He is there.  He is just waiting for you to ask Him in.

My favorite Bible verse, the one that seems to embody my walk is.


Isaiah 12:2 New King James Version (NKJV)

 God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
‘The Lord the Lord, is my strength and song;
He has become my salvation.’”[a]
 

4 comments:

  1. I thought so too farm girl! I wish I could tattoo this on my arm so I could always remember that God is with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your timing is perfect, and this quote speaks volumes. I was just emailing a friend a few more reasons to believe in Jesus, ignoring all the overblown retail 'Xmas' fluff and reinforcing that Jesus is the Reason for the Season. I just forwarded this quote to him!

    God Bless & Merry Christmas,
    Janet in MA

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!