Friday, February 17, 2012

After School Tea

Is there anything better than afternoon tea?  I love tea, but not that stuff in bags.  No no no!  I mean the real stuff, the good stuff.   Wonderful loose leaf Ceylon or blends for all occasions.  It puts Lipton to shame (ug lipton).  But for all my tea aficionado love I have never owned a real matching tea set.  So this year I buckled down and bought one just for me.  It is pretty and elegant but still great for every day use.  And of course in celebration of it coming in the mail I put on a nice afternoon tea for the family.


My new tea set with homemade chocolate cake iced with sour cream chocolate frosting, fresh scones, and a fruit and jam selection.


Homemade grape jelly, strawberry rhubarb jam, and mandarin orange sections.


The best scones ever with jam and butter


And the perfectly brewed cup of tea!

Ahhhh bliss

I bought my lovely tea set from Victorian Trading Company and just love it!

1 comment:

  1. Yummm! I love REAL Tea too!!!
    Thanks for the post.
    I'm excited to start following you!

    jonncarramoorman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!