Yesterday I decided to make a push to finally dig up all the potatoes (by hand) and get them into storage. The weather has been extremely cold for this time of year and I didn't want to chance them freezing. I was fairly hard work as the potatoes were deep and we have heavy clay soil. By the end I was tired out and ready to sit by the fire and warm up.
A pretty good haul (at least 75 pounds) considering that we didn't fertilize them at all and I don't think our soil is especially good there. Also it was just two short rows of free potatoes gone to sprout that we got from the local hudderite community last winter. I'm starting amending the soil right now so that next year our garden will do better.