Sunday, May 1, 2011

Words of Comfort


Sometimes I feel very overwhelmed in life.

With milking the cow, gardening,cooking, caring for the family, taking care of my own children and caring for 5 other children  sometimes life can be very stressful.

Add into that we just went over our budget with the new gas and food prices.  Suffice it to say it was not a "Oh my how great that we have so much money now!" it was more like "Oh crap how are we going to survive this?"

So today I was praying hard for solace from God.

I prayed over my Bible as I always do that God would give me discernment and wisdom and that He would show me what he needed me to see that day.

This is what I turned right too.  God is so good!  To think I just opened my Bible with my heart full of discouragement and sorrow and my eyes fell on these loving passages.  They reminded me first that I must keep my focus on God.  If I am striving for something not in his plan it will only bring frustration.  The next thing is that my children and my home and my husband are a blessing, not just a obligation or a job, but a JOY!  It is so hard sometimes to remember that after a Jonah day.  A woman is the heart of the home.  And that heart can be full of peace love and kindness, or it can be full of strife, anger, and frustration.  It is my choice on what kind of woman I will be.

Also that God has done so much in my life, amazing things, He indeed saved me from death physically and spiritually.  Praise Him!

And lastly that to eat of the labor of my hands will bring happiness.  That it is good when I produce things for my family.

Psalm 127

Unless the Lord builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it:
Unless the Lord guards the city,
The watchman stays awake in vain. 
It is vain for you to rise up early,
To sit up late,
To eat the bread of sorrows:
For so He gives His beloved sleep.


Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one's youth.
Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them


Psalm 128

When you eat the labor of your hands,
You shall be happy, and it shall be well with you.
Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine
In the very heart of your house,
Your children like olive plants
All around your table,
Behold, thus shall the man be blessed
Who fears the Lord.

Psalm 126

The Lord has done great things for them.
The Lord has done great things for us,
And we are glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!