Sunday, February 27, 2011

I finally got new glasses!

About 4 months ago my son broke my only pair of glasses.  I used them for reading and they were about 3 years old.  Unfortunately without them everything goes very blurry and I can't read right.  This may be one of the reasons my spelling and grammar are not the best on my blog.  After typing a while I can't SEE!  The other problem is I love to read.  I read probably 3 to 4 books a week if I can find anything worth reading, plus keeping up on at the doom and gloom on the Internet so you can see I have been very unhappy of late. 

Well I finally went in and had an eye exam and got not one, but two pairs of brand new glasses.  One with a warranty so that if Viking boy gets ahold of them again it wont matter so much.  When I went in the doc said I should try wearing them all the time first and see if it helps. I have astigmatism and a very small prescription. 

Well when I tried them on I was very surprised on how they helped.  I could still see just fine without them, but distance reading was very difficult.  I have been wearing them now for almost 2 days and have to say it is much nicer.  And now I can finally READ!  I still read before (bad me!) but it made me nauseous.

It's so easy to take for granted how lucky we are to live at a time when you can just go in and get a nice looking pair of glasses.  In other countries it is only for the rich. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!