Friday, January 14, 2011

The Breads A Hit

The new bread recipe I have tried is now a confirmed hit!  I is tender and light and great with meals, for sandwiches or as a snack with butter and honey.  Everyone in the family loves it and my Eldest Daughters best friend (who is over at our house every day) said that I make the best bread.  Awww Shucks!

Another thing I forgot to mention is that this bread would make a great stored food recipe.  It uses lots of oats, milk (you can use your dried milk in this), and butter (you could use cooking oil).  So you can make this a staple bread and use it to cycle your oats, cooking oil, and dry milk.



The unbaked batter


The Big Loaves are for sandwiches and toast or sliced for snacks with butter and honey with tea


The Mini Loaves are perfect sliced and served with butter and honey or jam for dinner.  I loaf is enough for everyone to have two slices

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to try the recipe out! We're looking for a good sandwich bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the quick oat bread recipe you posted a few days ago? It sounds perfect, and sounds like what I'm looking for. It's hard to make good 'sammich' bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes this is the Quick Oat Bread. Its a little looser than traditional bread, but after all its homemade :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try cooking your quick oat bread, but when I look at the directions section you posted I noticed that step 2 and step 5 are blank. Is there something missing or did you do this on purpose?

    Thanks,

    Allen

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers!