Friday, November 12, 2010

Evening By Candlelight

I have always loved candle and fire light.  So the other night I lit a bunch of candles and we of course had the wood stove going.  We turned off all the lights, turned on some soothing classical music, and had a romantic night of candlelight. 


Everyone seemed so much calmer as we read or relaxed next to the fire.  In fact candlelight seems to have some sort of magical anaesthetising effect on small children.  Within a half an hour of sitting like this they were all nodding off when it was still a long time to normal bedtime.



I also notice that when I have candles lit on the dinner table everyone seems much more relaxed and the pace and conversation of dinner is so much more enjoyable.  It was a fun way to spend the evening and I think it will become a regular ritual from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!