Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Canning Day

The day before yesterday I recieved a ton of free produce that was about to hit overripe.  So I decided to can it into usable winter foods. 

I made:

7 quarts vegitable soup with onion, carrot, potatoes, celery, corn and tomatoes

3 quarts applesauce

6 pints onion condiment

3 pints zuccini relish



I also dried banana chips and had the kids go out and pick the feverfew blossems to dry for tea this winter.







The vegitable soup smelled soooo good! I pressure canned that, but everything else just needed a boiling water bath. I will probably make another 4 quarts of applesauce with the apples I have left and I still have a ton of onions I need to process. It was a good day!

Psalm 34

I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise sall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make its boast in the Lord;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
And let us exalt his name together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers!